Tonemapping with Photomatix

adot45

dam 1st.jpg

Getting ready to dip toe in the HDR pool so am playing with Photomatix (Essentials).
Playing around with single frames and the built in filter presets.
To me this looks like the old time postcards...I like it.

Blacktop

Almost everything on my website was processed with photomatix essentials. Tone mapped or merged.

I don't have a website, but 99.9% of my multiple exposure shots are merged and processed in Photomatix. It's ghost reduction function alone is to die for!:eek: (The reason I splurged for the "pro" version over the essentials.)

adot45

I don't have a website, but 99.9% of my multiple exposure shots are merged and processed in Photomatix. It's ghost reduction function alone is to die for!:eek: (The reason I splurged for the "pro" version over the essentials.)

It's nice to hear good things about a product, especially when totally new to post processing. I went with the Essentials version so I could see what this HDR was all about. Also what influenced my decision was the fact that if I want to upgrade to the Pro version I only have to pay the difference. The folks at Photomatix seem much nicer to deal with than you know who.....:rolleyes: There is ghost reduction in the Essentials version although I haven't used it yet....I'd imagine it's not as robust as the Pro version and that is completely understandable. I've made some 3 frame HDR photo's and can see the Pro version in my future. Thanks to all of you for your comments.