New from Texas

Txglock54

Im new to photography, other than iphone. I am gaining so much knowledge from reading people's posts and scouring the internet. There is so much out there but Im taking notes. I was wondering if there is state forums somewhere on this vast site.

oldsalt

Welcome, jump on in..... there's lots of very friendly people on here from all over the world...hope you enjoy yourself and learn a lot.
Any particular area of photography you're interested in ? Macro... Nature... People... Architecture ... ???
cheers

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome!

Try going to your MY PROFILE tab, scroll down to JOIN GROUPS. There are groups by region. Since I don't see Texas, start your own group. There are lots of Texans here.

Last edited:
Im new to photography, other than iphone. I am gaining so much knowledge from reading people's posts and scouring the internet. There is so much out there but Im taking notes. I was wondering if there is state forums somewhere on this vast site.

From the Killeen area? My son was based at Ft Hood. That was a guess since that is the only part of Central Texas I know. BUT there are camera clubs/groups in almost every area now if you can find them. I found this one in Killeen Killeen Photography Group (Killeen, TX) - Meetup

Local clubs/groups are generally a good place to make local photography friends and get a lot on one on one information. Just do a Google search for camera clubs in your area.