D5100 question

feliz

Hi - I brought my new D5100 home today and so far realy like it but I ran into a little problem, probably self induced. The camera worked fine out of the box and I was running through the menus etc getting familiar with the camera and then for some reason the monitor quit working, it works when accessing the menu, info, and looking at stored pictures but it no longer shows what I'm photographing, it's just black. The viewfinder works as it should. Any suggestions? As I said, it worked fine out of the box and for some reason now it's just quit working. I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking. Thanks.

Mestre

There's a liveview control, i don't know the D5100 but if this is like other Nikons it's the Lv.

Seems you turned it off, just push the button again and it will be on.

However, turning Lv off is one of the best ways to save battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Just so you're aware, LiveView sucks batteries like a vacuum! Use sparingly if you must use it. Also, I believe there's a setting in your Menu for LiveView duration. When in doubt, RTFM. :) (Read The Friggin' Manual)

Oh...and welcome to Nikonites. :) If you could please fill out the rest of your profile, it would make it easier for us to help you with any issues you might have.