Cyberlink Photodirector 6

Glevum Owl

Does anyone have any experience with Cyberlink Photodirector 6, please? I'm looking for a cheap photo editing suite and this seems to fit the bill.

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

Does anyone have any experience with Cyberlink Photodirector 6, please? I'm looking for a cheap photo editing suite and this seems to fit the bill.
I've played with it some and IMO, it's very, very good. It's both an image editor AND a file manager which will appeal to most people but is something I do not care for (that's also one of the big reasons I use Photoshop instead of Lightroom). That being said, the file management tools are okay, if a little rough in my opinion, while the editing tools are really quite good. I was surprised to find PD6 has a lot of the neat stuff, like Content Aware tools, for example, that Photoshop has.

I don't know what, or how much, experience you have with editing digital photos but PD6 is a true, full-featured photo editing application so be prepared for a relatively steep learning curve if this is all new to you.

Glevum Owl

Thanks for the reply.

I have many years experience with both LR & PS but having given up my business I no longer have a need for such power.

I was looking at Serif's new release of PhotoPlus (X8) but it doesn't support any of the latest range of DX cameras and there are no plans to do so.

I'll try out Photodirector.