Bracketing with remote

mjackson907

I am doing some HDR stuff with a local group (monthly assignment) and I have the nikon remote that is dark grey with a single silver button on it. Is it possible to get bracketed shots with this remote (burst) or do I have to push the button 3 times?

A related question: Why would nikon only allow 3 bracketed shots as opposed to the camera a fellow member shot with his that allowed 9 bracketed shots? I assume to make the people buying the totally professional bodies feel good? :D

Joseph Bautsch

Why do you think you need more than three shots to produce good HDR photos? I shoot HDR quite often and very seldom do I shoot more than three. To answer your question, you set the camera shutter on high speed press and hold the button (or the remote button) down until the camera finishes the series. The camera has to finish the series, however many shots you are taking for the HDR, otherwise your next shot the camera will continue to shoot whatever exposure was next to complete the HDR. It takes a very skilled photographer shooting under the right circumstances for a 9 shot HDR to work.

Nikonite1222

HI There-

I second with Bill,,,it depends on the model. Some new models only let you do 3 and most of the older professional bodies do up to 9. Like Bill uses a D300, I use a D200 and it to can do 9 bracketed shots. I invite you to watch the newest edition of D-Town tv, they talk about a remote that you can use to manually control your bracked shots. It might get you what you want.

Thanks- Doug