Selfie

Geoffc

I haven't used my D800 for a while or played with the lights, so in the absence of something interesting to shoot I decided to do a selfie to update the intranet page at work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1440021429.043530.jpg

I setup the D800 and 70-200 2.8 on a tripod and manually focused on a light stand placed where I would be sitting. I wanted F2.8 for the shallow depth of field so this bit was critical.

I then setup an SB900 flash in a gridded soft box to my right (camera left). Pocket wizard TT5 / flex wireless triggers connected the camera to the flash. I used a Sekonic 478 wireless meter to set the exposure on the flash (none of your TTL for this shot) and set the ambient about 1.5 stops under exposed to bring the background down.

The only problem is I can't decide if the final result makes me look more like a car salesman or a politician, neither of which was the intention !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

§am

That's a pretty decent selfie, especially as both hands are visible and there is no pouting or the entire contents of your makeup kit and other toiletries laid out for the world to see as well, oh and your photographic equipment of choice has not left a huge flash glare on the top corner of the mirror you used :)

Pose was.... which constituent are you an MP for :p
Not shady/shifty looking enough to be a Delboy car salesman