Godox TT520 speedlight

fotojack

I don’t know the creditability of the site, did a search and found it cheaper here.

Godox TT520 Speedlite ThinkLite Electronic Flash Speedlite China Wholesale - Everbuying.com

For that price if it’s anything decent I wouldn’t mind added two to my collection as flash numbers 2 and 3, in a three light set up and use my SB700 as the main.

Have to keep my eye on this thread.

I was thinking the same thing, Rick. This would compliment the SB700 really well, I think.

FarOut

The site is Chinese based and is on the up and up in my experience with them, I ordered the battery grip for the d7000 and works great. One thing to note is don't pay extra for shipping as it has to go thru customs and won't actually be here any faster.

Curt

I am thinking of picking up one or two myself, but I was waiting for one of you to blink first and get one....lol?

Browncoat

Ugh...more Link Delight stuff.

I'm not a gear snob, but I really think that 95% of the stuff on this site is a complete waste of $$$. If it breaks (and it probably will), forget about any kind of service. You might as well just flush your money down the toilet. I'd hate to see someone get burned just to save a few bucks by ordering overseas.

FarOut

I paid $50 for a battery grip that nikon would charge $300 so even if it broke 5 times I still wouldn't be spending more Money. The grip I have works perfectly great and I have no need to over pay for brand name items.

AxeMan - Rick S.

What we need is a review on this flash. I have not dug deep enough yet to find one. Yes Anthony I understand your point, you get what you pay for. I would not jump on this with out doing any research on it.

Let’s see two SB700 @ let’s say $300 each = $600
Two Godox @ $40 each = $80
It’s really tempting to test fate and flush.

I know you’re not the one to spend a lot on speedlights, and you tend to keep it simple when it comes to them.

Let me throw this one out at you.

What would you recommend to use for a three light setup for flash 2 & 3 using speedlights? Your going to be using a higher end Nikon speedlight as the main.

Curt

Ugh...more Link Delight stuff.

I'm not a gear snob, but I really think that 95% of the stuff on this site is a complete waste of $$$. If it breaks (and it probably will), forget about any kind of service. You might as well just flush your money down the toilet. I'd hate to see someone get burned just to save a few bucks by ordering overseas.
Over the last year or more I have ordered many items from Linkdelight.
I must say I have had no problems with any of the items I received.
The quality was very good and the service even better.
I highly recommend Linkdelight for accessories

Curt

I paid $50 for a battery grip that nikon would charge $300 so even if it broke 5 times I still wouldn't be spending more Money. The grip I have works perfectly great and I have no need to over pay for brand name items.

I have orderd two battery grips from Linkdelight (D200 & D7000) they work fantastic. I have a D80 with a nikon grip and trust me you can not tell the difference between the two in terms of how well it works, and how well its made.

Curt

I guess I will be the first to take a chance...lol
I just ordered a Godox TT520 speedlight. I love the fact you can control the output and all the other features manually with the flick of a switch. It will work well with my CLS system too. I expect the unit to be great, Linkdelight has not let me down yet...lol. So I will let you all know how it works, can't wait to try it out in the field.

Browncoat

What we need is a review on this flash...I would not jump on this with out doing any research on it...

What would you recommend to use for a three light setup for flash 2 & 3 using speedlights? Your going to be using a higher end Nikon speedlight as the main.

I haven't found any actual reviews on this flash either, at least no reviews from the typical credible review sources. It is what it is: a dirt cheap flash from China, so there's not a lot to say about this flash. I have found some customer reviews, most of which are in broken English, and obvious biased endorsements. Although I have seen several customer reviews (that are less suspect) that boast how well built the product is. It looks like Curt has volunteered himself to provide a review, so you're in luck!

As for your question, I can't answer it objectively because your choice is very different than mine. My own opinion is that the Nikon flash line has a lot to offer in the form of TTL and commander modes for multi-flash setups. It's all very cool, very customizable, and also very expensive. Had I made the initial choice to go with a Nikon setup, I would very likely add Nikon flashes as #s 2 and 3.

That said...as you very well know, I do not own Nikon speedlights. Anyone who has researched lighting with speedlights for more than 5 minutes has stumbled across the Strobist site. This was my choice, and for good reason (if only in my own mind). But I can save that for another post. :)

Curt

Ok I just got my Godox TT520 speed light today.
It is fantastic, I love it, and it works with my CLS system in TTL
It has three modes M, S1, & S2 (Slave 1 & 2). It is made very well (as good as a Nikon speed light), you can set the out put on the back (LCD lights), it powers up pretty fast.
It has most of the features (if not all) the SB-600 has. I highly recommend this flash unit.
I am very happy with it, anyone looking to add an extra speed light to their CLS system this works great aug.2 2011 (4).JPG!aug.2 2011 (1).JPG
aug.2 2011 (2).JPG

Curt

All I can say is it works great and the price was right. I would not replace my SB -800 and 600 with it, but I must say it works great with the CLS system.
I am very happy with the TT 520' say what you may....lol.

FoxRacer2

Ah just what I was looking for. Gonna be ordering one of these next week. Do the blazeo triggers work with the flash?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Curt

You bet you can. The TT 520 has three modes; (M) for manual, just slide it on your hotshot adjust the out put level to what you like and shoot away.
In (S 1) slave mode 1 you can use your blazzeo radio trigger set up.
In (S 2) slave mode 2 you can use the flash in a Nikon CLS system off camera in TTL.

Curt

Don't listen to him, Curt. He's just jealous. :) He probably buys more stuff from LinkDelight than we do! :) LOL
Yeah Jack, I know...lol. I am not a card carrier for Link delight,but I must say everything I have ordered from them has be very good. Plus great service.
So why not save a bit of money, Jack the TT 520 will work great in your CLS system with your Nikon flash.

Last edited by a moderator: