Sepia colours

mikew_RIP

Welcome, just had a quick look at the manual and cant see any way to do it,what software do you use because plenty will do it and you could be better having a color original and converting.

Glevum Owl

Hi Rob, welcome to the forums.

No, there's no sepia mode on the D3300. However it's an effect you can create later with software.

A PDF version of the D3300 manual detailing all the camera's features is available for download here.

If that doesn't cover what you need to know, post your query in this forum and someone will try to help.

Fred Kingston

Rob... There are probably a dozen reasons why you wouldn't want to do this 'in-camera'...

Lightroom has a sub-set of B&W presets that give you about 5 basic Sepia(old antique) film conversions with one click... There are many B&W add-in programs for Lightroom/PS that do the same with dozens(hundreds) of pre-sets.

Horoscope Fish

Rob... There are probably a dozen reasons why you wouldn't want to do this 'in-camera'...

Lightroom has a sub-set of B&W presets that give you about 5 basic Sepia(old antique) film conversions with one click... There are many B&W add-in programs for Lightroom/PS that do the same with dozens(hundreds) of pre-sets.
Could not agree more... In-camera is always the last place you want to apply effects like these.

There is nothing wrong with doing it in camera if the OP doesn't want to mess a computer and software. There are a number of in-camera filters and effects in the D3300 that actually do a pretty good job. Not sayin' it's for everyone, but a good cheap and dirty solution at times.

Glevum Owl

Yes... see pages 141 and 269 of the reference manual. You can do this from the monochrome picture control setting in the shooting menu, or in camera post from the Retouch menu.

I stand corrected. Thank you. Didn't realise the D3300 could do that. I'd still prefer to create these effects in post processing simply for more control. However I'll also read *all* the manual to see what else I'm missing.

Last edited:

RobS

Thanks everyone for your input I just got the D3300 , so will check out some of your suggestions. Obviously is I need more help this the place to come. Cheers Ro S

RobS

I have used it with anothe point & shoot camera it makes achange if taking pics of old buildings.Will probably see some sepia tone shots posted soon from forum members :)

Fred Kingston

You mean like this?

lillybwsepia.jpg

Last edited: