Focus point/s on playback

Cicarda

Hi I have recently purchased the d3300 and still learning.
Is it possible to see the focus point/s when reviewing a photo. Is this possible with the d3300??
Cannot find a setting for this for information to be displayed in the menu!
I understand that I can see my focus point/s after uploading to computer. Would like to be able to do this especially for moving subjects.

Thanks Cicarda :rolleyes:

10 Gauge

Welcome to the forum!

Check in the playback menu under display options. The first option on my D750 is to show the focus point, not sure if this will be the same on your camera but worth a shot!

RocketCowboy

Howdy Cicarda and welcome to Nikonites!

Check your owner manual for the display settings as 10 Gauge mentioned. It's an option on both my D5300 and D7100, so it should be there for the D3300 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cicarda

Thanks for the replies. I have searched through the playback menu and scrolled through all options and as far as I can see this option is not available. Have also checked hardcopy manual (not enough detail here). So thinking it is not available. It would be nice to know a definite yes or no.
Thanks Cicarda

RocketCowboy

Sure enough, the D3300 does not provide this view. Starting at page 172 of the Reference Manual, the different Playback options are listed. It looks like the D3300 has almost all the same options as the D5300 except that the Focus overlay is not available.

http://download3.nikonimglib.com/archive2/Wywwt00lh46s0109T7E089fAaV06/D3300RM_(En)02.pdf

I couldn't find that level of detail in the User Manual, but the Reference Manual (linked above) covers all the view in detail.

Cicarda

Thanks Charlie and others for the replies. OK seems like I will need to work without this small feature. Time to work with and explore all those other great features of this camera. Time to take some pics

Thanks Cicarda

aroy

Not on the camera, but if you use Capture NX-D or View NX, the you can see the focus point on the computer image.

aroy

I suggest that you
. Start shooting RAW
. Download Nikon Capture NX-D, install it and use it for RAW processing.

Once you a conversant with all the features of the software and the advantages of shooting RAW, you can try Photoshop for advanced features. I just use the NX-D for all my work.

aroy

Thanks aroy for the advice. Just downloaded NX- D. Another toy to play with!!

Cicarda
If you want a software for adjusting exposure, adjusting contrast/brightness and correcting lens distortion, lens aberration as well as recovering blown highlights and deep shadows, this is it. If you have multiple monitors, you can set up the software as I have done on three screens

Screens.jpg

Left - Explorer showing images processed and converted to jpeg
Centre - Image with adjustments. The highlighted area is the crop
Right - all the menus. These are all "Floating" menu windows, that can be detached and repositioned any where on screen. Once you set them up, the program remembers the settings.