New member from SW Georgia

dlwilliams48

Hello to all. Just joined the site today, with a question which was answered very quickly I must say.

My name is Don and my interest in photography in the late 60's with a used Voightlander range finder 35mm. While serving overseas, I purchased Minolta equipment (SRT-101) and several lenses. I had a darkroom and did mainly B&W, later moving to color and slides which I also developed. Interest waned a bit later with family and work, but I got back into it a few years ago with an Olympus digital. A lot to learn with the new technology.

These days I have a D7000, a couple of Nikon lenses (28-300 and 18-200) and a Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro. My main interest is nature photography, including wildlife, birds, landscapes, and macros. I use Lightroom 5 for most of my post processing. I am active in the local chapter of the Georgia Nature Photographer Association.

Good to be here.

Bourbon Neat

Welcome to the Nikonites forum. Thanks for posting some of your shots so quickly, it is always refreshing to see a member share their work rather than just spout their opinion.

RON_RIP

Welcome and the D 7000 should serve you well. It has been over 50 years since I was stationed in your part of the world and I look forward to seeing some posts from you area.

dlwilliams48

Thanks for the welcome folks. Whiskeyman, I am in Columbus, Georgia. I've lived and traveled all over the place :D but have been here for a little over 20 years and have no plans to move.

RockyNH_RIP

Hello to all. Just joined the site today, with a question which was answered very quickly I must say.

My name is Don and my interest in photography in the late 60's with a used Voightlander range finder 35mm. While serving overseas, I purchased Minolta equipment (SRT-101) and several lenses. I had a darkroom and did mainly B&W, later moving to color and slides which I also developed. Interest waned a bit later with family and work, but I got back into it a few years ago with an Olympus digital. A lot to learn with the new technology.

These days I have a D7000, a couple of Nikon lenses (28-300 and 18-200) and a Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro. My main interest is nature photography, including wildlife, birds, landscapes, and macros. I use Lightroom 5 for most of my post processing. I am active in the local chapter of the Georgia Nature Photographer Association.

Good to be here.

Morning and Welcome to Nikonites Neighbor! I am over in the east side of GA, Savannah!

Pat in Coastal GA