New Member from Ga.

ledzep60

Hello and greetings to everyone. My name is Denny. I have has several camera over the last 40 some years. I bought a Ashi Pentax in Guam while in the Navy. Great 35mm film camera that I use for many years. Then a Nikon D40, D60 and last D90. I have sold them all. So I am looking fro a new camera and lenses. I an undecided on staying DX or moving to Full Frame. It appears all the better lenses are for FF format. So any suggestions are welcomed.

RON_RIP

Well if you decide on dx, there are great prices on the D7000 and D7100 refurbished on Adorama right now. What ever you choose, welcome aboard.

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,DX or FX really depends on your budget and your chosen interests,in most cases DX will perform just as well as FX

ledzep60

I like taking pictures of my grand kids, landscapes and wildlife. My plans over the next 18 months is to get ready to retire. Then moving back to Colorado to be with my daughters and their families.
My budget is $3500 or so. I am looking for good body and lenses. Doesn't need to be the best. Only long lasting.

RocketCowboy

Howdy Denny and welcome to Nikonites!

For your varied subjects that you like to shoot, I would probably still lean towards DX and something like the D7100/D7200 for a couple of reasons. The crop sensor in DX will help you get some extra reach for your wildlife subjects, while still having the dynamic range for landscapes and the kids. The D7x00 can still use any old lenses you might have. I do use mostly FX lenses with my D7100, but do have the occasional DX lens like the ultra-wide 10-24mm.

If you were doing more low light shooting, I would probably sway my recommendation over to the D750. Either way, you can't go wrong...just trying to help keep some of that budget saved for quality glass. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk