Nikon D7200 focusing?

Ellie

Hi guys! I think i have settled on the D7200 (thanks for your help)..but i have seen a couple of reviews saying it isn't the best at focusing! is this true and is it good for moving subjects..
what have your experiences been with it...good points and bad
also what lenses would you suggest starting off with and any other accessories

Thank you again!!

RocketCowboy

Re: Nikon D7200?

The 18-140mm kit lens is a favorite.

I haven't heard of any autofocus issues with the D7200, but maybe someone with this model can give first-hand experience on the AF system.

mikew_RIP

Most likley a miffed Canon 7D mk 11 owner that said it:D

I had the D7100 and the 7200 is a step up i dont think you will find any focusing problems with it,i would buy one with no further research just based on what i already know

J-see

I shoot the D7200 exclusively with the Tamron 150-600mm. It isn't superfast to focus but that has more to do with the Tamron than the D7200. I never experienced any issue with the D7200 itself.

Woodyg3

Contributor

The D7200 focuses faster and more accurately than any camera I've owned. Of course, I haven't owned a D4. :)

Really, though, it is a fast focusing camera, and it can handle dark light quite well. I would certainly not worry about a couple of online comments, since the majority seems to agree that this is a very good focusing system, and a small but noticeable step up from the D7100.

A local friend I shoot with a lot has the D7200 and he has had zero problems with it. I shoot the D7100 and love it but the D7200 has a few features that I really like

06Honda

I don't own one but many times these type of observations are shooters that may have changed too many settings in the menus and likely caused the focus problems without knowing it.

Nero

Don't believe it for a second. The D7200 has one of the best AF systems of any Nikon. Mine has focused almost instantly in any situation. There's always those few people who talk negatively about any product. :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Bourbon Neat

Another D7200 user here. Not a single issue with focusing using any of the lenses put to it (except the Tamron 150-600 which is at fault). Congrats on getting the D7200, you will be pleased. Been monopolizing this thread http://nikonites.com/d7200/30759-post-your-d7200-photos.html, maybe you could help out with a few posts.

To post your images; Resize down to 1000 pixels on the long edge and about 70% quality (if worried about theft) they will still look good in the thread but no good to print. Find the picture frame button in the taskbar at the top of the posting window. Click on the button and browse your pc to where you exported them to and upload.

Good luck and enjoy your D7200.

Jennifer Pierce

I have many other problems with the d7200 (I got a lemon) but autofocusing is not one of them. I love the picture quality and performance of my camera despite my other problems. I am having major issues with the battery life and some physical workmanship on the camera. The autofocusing is amazing though, can't complain at all.

Nero

I have many other problems with the d7200 (I got a lemon) but autofocusing is not one of them. I love the picture quality and performance of my camera despite my other problems. I am having major issues with the battery life and some physical workmanship on the camera. The autofocusing is amazing though, can't complain at all.

Sounds like you have a bad battery, but that can easily be replaced. What do you mean by issues with physical workmanship?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4