D810 protective skin / case

hugs29

does anyone know who makes a good case for the d810. similar to the otterbox cases for cell phones. suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Well, you used the term skin, and there are a number of skins from Delkin and Camera Armor (any many OEM stuff from China on ebay).

The problem is that everyone that I have seen is made out of silicone. And as you may (or may not) know, this material is the proverbial dust magnet. Heck you got to rinse them off with water to separate the dust from these things.

But, if your gonna be knocking it into things, the do offer reasonable, and low profile protection from dings and scrapes.

carguy

I bought one for my D40 when my young son began using it. Very cumbersome fit to say the least.
I removed it and sold it on ebay recently, it made the camera just too big for him to handle and it was quite awkward.

I'd much rather have insurance and take my chances than use a cover like that on any of my D/SLR cameras personally.

Have silicone skin on my cameras and never had any sort of problem dust or otherwise ..cheap from HK are fine as are Delkin ..If you want to fit a grip you will have to cut the bottom away ..go easy near the slot door.

slowpoke

I have the rubber skin version.It fits tight and gives good gripping even when wet.It's great for protection and will probably out last other skins.:rolleyes: