D40 Does A Dahlia!

bluenoser

Banned
Not sure if this belongs in this sub-forum (mods please move as you see appropriate).

I was going over some older images and came across this Dahlia taken with the D40 and 18-105VR. Now this is certainly not the best composed floral shot in the world - to say the least - but I think it does have enough going for it to show what a nice, inexpensive camera like the D40 can do with a kit lens.

Regards,

Nikon D40; 18-105VR
ISO 200; f/5.6; 1/400; 105mm; -1/3 EC
View attachment 4414

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Beautiful flower and lovely photo . . . nice and sharp. Proof again that equipment does not the photographer make! Thanks for sharing (especially since all of my dahlias have been eaten by some critter!)

Eye-level

Banned
That is a pleasant photo to look out. My sister who was a D5000 shooter for a long while bought a D40 when she had to send her D5000 out for repair. She really took a liking to the D40. I think she is just a certified Nikon user through and through... :)

fotojack

Excellent shot, James. Nice and sharp and clear. Beautiful image. Love the colour of that thing, too. :) Yeah, it's definitely a good camera, no doubt.

bluenoser

Banned
Beautiful flower and lovely photo . . . nice and sharp. Proof again that equipment does not the photographer make! Thanks for sharing (especially since all of my dahlias have been eaten by some critter!)

Thank you for your kind comments Helene. :)

That is a pleasant photo to look out. My sister who was a D5000 shooter for a long while bought a D40 when she had to send her D5000 out for repair. She really took a liking to the D40. I think she is just a certified Nikon user through and through... :)

Thanks Eye-level. Yup, even though I love my D7000 I just can't seem to get completely away from my little D40!

Excellent shot, James. Nice and sharp and clear. Beautiful image. Love the colour of that thing, too. :) Yeah, it's definitely a good camera, no doubt.

Hi Jack! Many thanks for your generous comments!

theregsy

Lovely shot, great colour, like it.
Its hard to break away from a camera that you have used for a while and enjoyed using while producing great results, thats why my S2 will remain in my bag just in case when I'm out with the D2x.

bluenoser

Banned
Very nice shot! The d40 takes awesome pictures, I love mine!

Thanks very much for nice comment FoxRacer! :)

Lovely shot, great colour, like it.
Its hard to break away from a camera that you have used for a while and enjoyed using while producing great results, thats why my S2 will remain in my bag just in case when I'm out with the D2x.

Hi Mark. Yes, I have a feeling that the D40 will be kept in the family and passed down to my son or daughter someday! LOL! :) Thanks for commenting.