New super bridge camera possible

Vincent

suoer?

I missed the bridge hint in the 200-500mm announcement.

Found now on Nikon Rumors:

New: Nikon may also announce a new super-zoom compact Coolpix P4000 camera with 24-4800mm f/3.8-10 lens (200x zoom), 1.5kg. weight, 3.5" LCD screen and magnesium body. After the success of the P9000 (out of stock everywhere), it is very likely that Nikon will introduce another super-zoom model.

Last edited:

Vincent

I`m still wondering about this rumour. 24-4800mm f/3.8-10 @f10 will you see anything in the viewfinder, will people understand that above 400mm a tripod will be very recommended, with 1.5kg is a bridge better then a D3300 with a 70-300 and a reflector lens?

I used to have a bridge and the flexibility with easy zoom at light weight + giving good pictures if used correctly (tripod) is an attractive package. What I missed is ease of controls.

mikew_RIP

It's possible 4800mm is with digital zoom,all i can say is this generation of bridge cameras dont play by the rules,i have no understanding of why but my P610 has a FOV equal to a 1444mm on full frame and i have never used it on a tripod,of course it could be only the unconverted focal length of 258mm is relevant,we are talking about 850mm full frame equivalent @ 4800 thats one hell of a lens to pack into a bridge camera.

J-see

It uses digital pre-cropping in combination with a crop sensor which delivers a rather massive (FX) equivalent. We can do the same (but limited) with any DSLR but have to do it in post. When I start cropping I use a somewhat similar principle as a digital zoom to go from 300mm to 600mm to 1200mm.

The more pixels on that sensor, the more we can digitally "zoom".

mikew_RIP

What i would really like them to have done is ,put the V3 sensor in and add a optical zoom up to around 450mm,oh and shoot raw.

Vincent

It uses digital pre-cropping in combination with a crop sensor which delivers a rather massive (FX) equivalent. We can do the same (but limited) with any DSLR but have to do it in post. When I start cropping I use a somewhat similar principle as a digital zoom to go from 300mm to 600mm to 1200mm.

The more pixels on that sensor, the more we can digitally "zoom".
I use a Pentax Q in this way, 5.56 crop factor and then a bit more in PP. The small sensor has disadvantages though. ISO 400 is the max for highest IQ.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

J-see

I use a Pentax Q in this way, 5.56 crop factor and then a bit more in PP. The small sensor has disadvantages though. ISO 400 is the max for highest IQ.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I was looking into the P models a while back since they deliver quite the shot but the pixel size indeed is a disadvantage when it comes to DR, colors and noise and I'm simply not the person to enjoy shooting JPEG. But even with those limitations, they still do amazing things.