Firmware Bug

Hey all,

I am seeing a bug in the D3300, where depending on lens, the Info Display is shown on the LCD regardless of whether the 'auto info display' setting is set to off.

To reproduce the issue you need a lens with a focal length greater than 55mm. Once you zoom the lens beyond 55, you should see this behavior.

To help increase the likelihood of a Firmware fix for this, I would ask you to report this issue through your local support channel, asking that it be escalated to Japan. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I hoping we can be as squeaky as possible.

Thanks,

SiP

Yes... in my case the second kit lens (55-200 VR II). I have also heard from users with the 18-105. Dunno if other lenses are affected as well but wouldn't bet against it.

One user that contacted Nikon Canada received the following response:

I tested our sample D3300 with our same lenses as you have detailed, and found the same issue occurs. We will be forwarding this information to our Technical Group for further testing. This is something that may be addressed in a future firmware update. ...I have reported this to our engineers in Japan.

But that was 8 months ago. Hopefully, some more noise will remind them this needs fixing.