Weekly Challenge Aug 5 - Aug 12: "In the Air"

Challenge Coutdown

• This is a trial. The shoot and submit period will start 8 days before the date at the same time as

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I like the countdown timer.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don't like the coutdown timer.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eyelight

"In the Air" [MENTION=9753]Scott Murray[/MENTION] 's Choice.

It can be either birds flying, planes in the air, bees/butterflies, levitation, balls, people
. Let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL THE CLOCK REACHES 8 DAYS REMAINING. THE SHOOT PERIOD WILL END WHEN THERE IS 1 DAY REMAINING AND THE LIKE PERIOD WILL END WHEN THE CLOCK RUNS OUT.

This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted during the times indicated by the countdown clock on the start date and end date.

140702_DSC_0064_960.jpg

The Rules

1. Photos must be captured with a Nikon and appear in the thread with EXIF info in order to be considered for the challenge. If the forum EXIF viewer does not show for any reason, listing the camera and capture date/time below the photo is acceptable. Listing exposure info, lens & focal length is encouraged so others can learn.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Thanks/Like button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Eyelight

This is a trial run with a timer end lieu of the set times. If this works OK, it will allow more flexibility with when and which challenge team members start challenges.

The countdown on my screen reads, "This poll will close on 08-12-2015 at 08:43 AM". The 08:43AM is my time zone. The time shown on your screen should be your time zone.

The shoot and submit period will begin on 08-04-2015 at the same time.

The shoot and submit period will end on 08-11-2015 at the same time.

The like period and first round will end when the clock runs out on 08-12-2015 at the same time.

Last edited:

Felisek

I guess I could get used to this, but reading American date format is awkward for me. I read 08-12-2015 as eighth of December. I cannot see anywhere in the settings to change the date format.

But this is a minor thing. I think there will be lot of people confused about the shot and submit period ending one day before the date indicated.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I guess I could get used to this, but reading American date format is awkward for me. I read 08-12-2015 as eighth of December. I cannot see anywhere in the settings to change the date format.

Never created a poll, so don't know if you can spell out the month instead of using a number.

Eyelight

But this is a minor thing. I think there will be lot of people confused about the shot and submit period ending one day before the date indicated.

The shoot and submit period has always ended 1 day before the end so that the last day is for liking. I supposes we could let it all end together and just remind people that a late submission won't have a chance to get as many likes.

Never created a poll, so don't know if you can spell out the month instead of using a number.

Nope. No way to change that particular item, but since we know it's only a week or so away, maybe not too rough.

RocketCowboy

That might be something that can be changed in the usercp...I need to go back and verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyelight

This one's live for about 2 hours and 10 minutes now, so shoot away. The shoot and submit period will end at the same time in 7 days.

Lolli-pic

This kite had been about a mile in the air. Got the pic as it was being reeled in. (currently troubleshooting why info isn't showing. 1/200 sec, f9.0, ISO 450. 98mm (55 - 300mm f/4.5-5.6) 8/4/15 8:25 PST)

Attachments

• Rainier kite.jpg
    Rainier kite.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I think this one was taken in the submission time frame. (I like the UTC time system better. It doesn't change for me and no guessing if you missed the countdown clock. Ha!)

Charlie flying around the property. All four "in the air."

charlie-run-week.jpg

Eyelight

I think this one was taken in the submission time frame. (I like the UTC time system better. It doesn't change for me and no guessing if you missed the countdown clock. Ha!)

Charlie flying around the property. All four "in the air."

Time looks good. The start for you would have been 5:43 am on 8/4.