Another CC question sorry

mikew_RIP

If you have CC then i guess your using LR and Photoshop,with out bringing any other program in what aspects of PP would you do in LR and which in Photoshop,bear in mind i have never done anything in LR so simple answers would be appreciated.

Eyelight

I tend to use LR for the light related adjustments (exposure, highlights, shadows, tones, etc) and PS for the content manipulation, cleanup, etc.

cbay

I just use Lightroom for everything, but learning how to use layers in Ps is on my list for focus stacking and adding/removing items.

Felisek

I do everything in Photoshop (with Nik tools). Having said that, I probably use a tiny fraction of Photoshop abilities. Most of PP I do in Nik tools, but use ACR for lens correction, white balance and exposure and colour tweaking when necessary. I often use spot healing tool (simple but powerful) and clone stamp tool in PS to remove unwanted stuff. Shake reduction is sometimes useful to remove motion blur.

I don't understand Lightroom. Tried opening a picture in it once and it imported it to some weird file. I prefer to see my pictures in the file system, NEF and JPG files. So, gave up on Lightroom.

nickt

I really like the LR organizer and I use LR for pretty much everything to make a picture look nice. I am not an expert by any means, but feel comfortable with many LR tools. I pass on to PS for more complicated manipulations, but I am a total nube at PS. I know NOTHING. The new shake reduction tool is interesting. Good thing is there many videos on both programs. I think once you get comfortable with LR, you will know when to move to PS for a more complicated fix. Though it may take a long time to master LR, with your experience, you should be able to get somewhat familiar with all the LR tools fairly quickly (days). I like to browse through all the topics of the adobe training videos just to put thoughts in my head of what tools I have available.
Watch the LR organizer videos first so that you get off to a good start with your files. I think that might be the harder part to learn for many.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I use Lightroom for almost everything, but that's probably because I'm too lazy to learn Photoshop. :)

RocketCowboy

I do primarily everything in Lightroom. It is my file management tool, and most of my edits are simple lighting/exposure/highlights/shadows, or camera/lens profile adjustments.

I've dabbled just a little with frequency separation in Photoshop, but that's still something I'll get into in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

I do everything in Photoshop and NIK Tools. I couldn't live without layers and masks and I don't like how LR wants to catalog my images and all that.