D4 release date

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Some say it's coming in August (along with the D400) and it will have sony's new 32mp sensor.

Excited for Nikon's new nikon?

Carolina Photo Guy

What I am looking forward to is the implementation of the Thunderbolt protocol by Nikon in addition to the micro-USB. Kinda like Firewire

on major steroids! If the specs are even slightly close to being right, you will be able to download at the rate of

4 gigs per second realtime!

Think about it. You will be able to download a fully loaded 64 gig card in around 16 seconds!

Nikonite1222

I'm sure it will be a boat load to purchase a new D4,,,I'm not so sure that the price of used D3's will droop to far either,,,It will have to take a large amount on the market and a good deal of time to pass before they come down in price a substantial amount.

One thing that I am not happy about (since were on full size model/bodies) is the shear fact that the new model/bodies are getting smaller and smaller, I mean the new D7000 is like the size of a D40, I know they pack a ton of features in them as well,,,,but, I don't know about you all,,,but I have come to like a nice large wind and deep body in my hand. Now I know it's heavier,,but I feel much more in control with a large solid body in my hand, What are your thoughts on this.

theregsy

Thankfully the D2 and D3 are almost identical in size and weight, so fingers are crossed that Nikon will retain their design philosophy on the Pro range :) Big, solid, weighty and a perfect fit for those of use with big hands :)