Retro's First Roll

Retro

Here are my first two pics. I don't like either of them, because of the yellow tinge. I'm pretty sure somebody is going to tell me it's because I didn't use a flash, on the lowest setting I'm sure. I just got an SB-20, which I tested, and it seems to work great. It's in mint condition. I haven't had much opportunity yet, since the Point Pelee trip, which you will see on Saturday.

This actually isn't my first roll. The first one was partly ruined because of a bent piece of metal under the ISO dial. All the pics from before the repair were VERY yellow. 400 was 3200, on +2 (didn't notice). The roll was removed and the dial repaired.

So this is my mom with my daughter. All 1.4 with available light and no flash. More to come.

img395.jpg

img396.jpg

I had a Vivitar flash with my OM-10 years ago, and my dad taught me how to use it in about 10 minutes. I was pretty good with it, but now I have to learn how to use this SB-20 all over again. There isn't much difference from the Vivitar.

After uploading these two, I don't see the yellow tinge, but it's there, just not real bad. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about and how to prevent it.

Retro

I had a lot of trouble the last couple of days with both of my PCs because I was scanning at excessively high DPI. I rescanned the pics at 600 DPI, and my PC worked normally again. Thanks for the help, Don!

So this is the last of this roll that I will upload. All of the pictures in this thread represent types of shots that are very basic to photography, and which I have not mastered yet. I know I can do better, and I need to, but I need some input on what I need to do to improve. Most of it has to do with managing light.

Dad-Liz1.jpg

Dad-Liz5.jpg

Dad-Liz2.jpg

Dad-Liz3.jpg

Dad-Liz4.jpg

Lighthouse Patio.jpg

With this roll, it's all about practice. Now I'm finding out what I can do, and how good I am with a camera. Now I can see where I need improvement. All of these photos should be magazine-perfect, like if I worked as a photographer for a travel magazine. Some of these pics would get me fired. I'm not sure how to improve the motorcycle pics, but I think they are horrible. Maybe flash?

Road Star.jpg

Harley-Davidson.jpg

What do you think?