D400 to be announced in September 2015

Blacktop

Something tells me that this will be a dissapointement to those who waited this long. It has to be at least a D7200 in a D300 body. I doubt that Nikon will ever build a DX body like the D300 ever again.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

PapaST

Depending on the specs I might move my D7100 to make room for this one. If it's made with the same ideals that went into the D300 then it should be right up my alley.

mauckcg

I'll believe it when i see it. There have been so many "confirmed" rumors around this thing that until Nikon actually comes out and announces it, I won't get my hopes up. And if it does turn out to be true, I'm definitely going to give it a few months to get the inevitable bugs worked out.

hrstrat57

Was working on a deal with a local Craigslister on a mint D300s.

Abort!
@ShootRaw thanks for the post, frantic savings commence immediately! A new pro DX that can handle my needs for tracking fast action with high burst rate whilst adding high ISO ability and a few more MP's and retaining my beloved pro layout?

In!

AC016

Windup. That site looks like it's run by a five year old. September is a month away and we are hearing about the most awaited Nikon camera from some obscure website? Don't hold your breath.

Blacktop

Was working on a deal with a local Craigslister on a mint D300s.

Abort!
@ShootRaw thanks for the post, frantic savings commence immediately! A new pro DX that can handle my needs for tracking fast action with high burst rate whilst adding high ISO ability and a few more MP's and retaining my beloved pro layout?

In!
I may even break my own rule about having just one camera at a time. OMG! I can just see it now. Dolly having a playmate. D400 for birding and the D750 for everything else. I'm so excited I may just pee myself!Oz

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll believe it when i see it. There have been so many "confirmed" rumors around this thing that until Nikon actually comes out and announces it, I won't get my hopes up.

My thoughts exactly. After 6 years of waiting, I finally jumped to a D800 early last year. I just couldn't give up the pro control layout.