About Facebook compression...

Aleks

Long story short, facebook seems to compress images WAY less when posted via a facebook page rather than a personal profile and I want to find a workaround to post higher quality images on my profile. Here is what I came up with today;
I posted the same exact photo via my personal profile LINK and then via a facebook page LINK, when posted via my profile the image gets compressed to a whooping 92.78kb but my facebook page photo gets a decent 920.04kb, both at 640x960 resolution.

Horoscope Fish

Long story short, facebook seems to compress images WAY less when posted via a facebook page rather than a personal profile and I want to find a workaround to post higher quality images on my profile. Here is what I came up with today;
I posted the same exact photo via my personal profile LINK and then via a facebook page LINK, when posted via my profile the image gets compressed to a whooping 92.78kb but my facebook page photo gets a decent 920.04kb, both at 640x960 resolution.
I'm not a huge of FB, though I do post shots there.. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by, "personal profile" vs "facebook page"? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I always post my shots by going to the Photos tab of my FB home page...

For resizing I use Photoshop and go to File > Automate > Fit Image. When the dialog box pops I use 2048 pixels on the long edge. I've been told using either 2048 or 960 pixels on the long edge results in the best looking image on FB. I can't say these is the ideal method, but I have found that using other dimensions does look worse that either of those. I've also been told converting the image to .PNG is supposed to help but I've not noticed any improvement when doing so, personally.

Aleks

I'm not a huge of FB, though I do post shots there.. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by, "personal profile" vs "facebook page"? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I always post my shots by going to the Photos tab of my FB home page...
I'm not a huge fan either but most of people don't want to open external links so many times I'm just forced to post on facebook. By personal profile I mean the profile which you can add me as a friend and we can chat while as a facebook page I mean a page like "Microsoft" where you can't add as friend but you can like the page and see the news it posts. This pic might explain better: 81bdb6100f.jpg

Horoscope Fish

I'm not a huge fan either but most of people don't want to open external links so many times I'm just forced to post on facebook. By personal profile I mean the profile which you can add me as a friend and we can chat while as a facebook page I mean a page like "Microsoft" where you can't add as friend but you can like the page and see the news it posts. This pic might explain better:
Okay, yeah... I thought that was probably what you meant but I wasn't sure. Thanks!