Aperture noise - Is this normal?

ecobcg

Hello all.

I've got a new D750 and am starting to "play" with it.

2 issues comes to my attention.

While in LiveView, when i change the aperture rolling the disc, i hear a "click" each time i go up or down an aperture value. Is this normal? My old D5100, never did this "click" in liveview mode.
And in normal mode, when i change the aperture, i don't hear any "click"...

The other issue: when i grab the camera, if i tilt it a bit down or up, i hear another click in th flash area... seem like the opening system of the flash makes some noise when tilting the camera. Does anyone hear this too?

or is my D750 good to return to the store?

thank you.

10 Gauge

You're probably hearing the aperture blades adjusting each time you change the setting. This only happens in LiveView as the blades are engaged to the set value in LiveView. When shooting through the viewfinder the blades only actuate to their setting when you release the shutter, so when you make a change on the dial you won't hear them adjust.

I think someone else's make the noise in the flash you are talking about, I think Nikon said it was "normal".

ecobcg

You're probably hearing the aperture blades adjusting each time you change the setting. This only happens in LiveView as the blades are engaged to the set value in LiveView. When shooting through the viewfinder the blades only actuate to their setting when you release the shutter, so when you make a change on the dial you won't hear them adjust.

I think someone else's make the noise in the flash you are talking about, I think Nikon said it was "normal".

Thanks for the answer.

Ok. Looks like everything's normal, as you say.
Less concerned now... :)

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,use it for a week and you wont want to send it back for a little rattle :D,there was a mention somewhere about a rattle in the flash area,but as Matt said nikon said it was no problem

ecobcg

Welcome to the forum,use it for a week and you wont want to send it back for a little rattle :D,there was a mention somewhere about a rattle in the flash area,but as Matt said nikon said it was no problem

Thanks.
The camera is working just fine... just begginning to explore it, but looks like a giant leap from my D5100 to this one... eheh.
Just asked because of the rattle, i thought it shouldn't do any noise at all, for a camera like this... but ok.. if Nikon says it's normal... probably not all does this rattle... but i will continue to shoot with it... :D

Skwaz

I have 7100 in the early days when picking up it sounded like shutter going of , but sometime later I
realised my hand was going round the grip and touching the Pv button , opening and shutting the blades ?
Maybe that's it if the same set up on