Nikon J2 - FT-1 Mount Adapter compatibility?

Cosmonaut X

Hi, all

New member here, relatively new to photography - or rather, returning to it after a long absence and feeling like I'm starting afresh!

I picked up a J2 and have been shooting with the standard 10-30 (and more recently the 30-110) and I'm now looking at doing a bit more experimenting. I've got a bundle of older lenses that I used to use with my Nikon F2, plus a number that I picked up with an old Minolta and I wondered if it would be worth investing in the FT-1 adapter to use them, even if they aren't as functional as other lenses. I've had a look for compatibility info online and have seen mixed reports about the range of Nikkor lenses I could re-use (and whether it works with other makes) and wondered if any users here had direct experience and could tell me whether it would be worth the £130-odd I've seen it going for.

The lenses I've got for my older SLRs are:

Nikkor H-C-Auto 1:2 f=50mm
Sigma Zoom 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro
RMC Tokina 200mm 1:3.5
AF Nikkor 35-135mm 1:3.5-4.5
Minolta AF Zoom 70-210mm 1:45(22)-5.6
Vivitar Series 1 19-35mm 1:3.5-4.5
Micro-Nikkor-P.C Auto 1:3.5 f=55mm
Minolta AF Zoom 35-70mm 1:3.5(22)-4.5

I doubt all will be compatible (or perhaps any!) but if I could get 3 or 4 of them up and running reasonably with the FT-1 it might be worth the cash!

Cheers!

Cosmonaut X

Hi, Mike

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the tip. Will have a look at the other adapters too - hopefully something will be of use!