petal

thequeenscheese

I've just picked up a petal for my 3200 18-55mm but on the least zoom I can see it in shot is this normal, and the petal is generally not a permanent fixture?

image.jpg

10 Gauge

Looks aftermarket with the print that's on it. I believe my 24-120 hood (OEM Nikon) will mount either way. Maybe yours does too?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

nickt

Nikon doesn't really make the right hood for the older version of this lens (which appears not to have a bayonet mount). Nikon recommends the HB-69 for the new version of this lens, which is a petal hood. The OP should be ok with his once oriented right, but may have to loose the filter behind it.

HB-69 Bayonet Lens Hood from Nikon

Interesting. It looks like the hb-69 might be for a newer version of the 18-55. Mine uses this:

HB-45 Lens Hood from Nikon

The hb-45 is the only one mentioned in my lens sheet.

Edit: I was distracted on the phone when I typed this. I see you already mentioned old and new style lenses. I never payed attention to that my 18-55 could not take a bayonet style hood.

Last edited:

thequeenscheese

it was a cheap £10 kit that I got mainly for adjustable Nd filter, im sure removing the current filter would help tho, altho I doubt I'll use it too much as I don't get too much lens flare anyway-or not noticed any upto now