Nikon exposure and aperture problem?

Jimmy Li

Hi guys, really need your help. I recently sold my D750 on Amazon and the buyer after 30 days wanted to return my camera. I never had any issues when I owned it and I have no idea what his explanation means. This is what he described:

"Despite my and Nikons best efforts am unable to get an exposure reading in either the viewfinder or the monitor. Also unable to sync the lens aperture with the aperture display in control panel."

Is this a legitimate issue to warrant a return or is he just trying to rent my camera for 30 days?

Thanks for your help

J-see

He's renting it or very, very ignorant about how the D750 works.

It's impossible to not see the metering. Maybe he was trying to shoot with a lens crafted in 1857.

It's strange he needed 30 days to realise it didn't work from day one. Smells like bullshit. I'd not take it back but Amazon might make that decision for you.

Last edited:

J-see

Btw, if you know his email, with some luck you might find him online and can check if he posted photos taken with the cam. The serial is in the EXIF so you could find out if he's simply renting or eventually messed it up.

Horoscope Fish

Hi guys, really need your help. I recently sold my D750 on Amazon and the buyer after 30 days wanted to return my camera. I never had any issues when I owned it and I have no idea what his explanation means. This is what he described:

"Despite my and Nikons best efforts am unable to get an exposure reading in either the viewfinder or the monitor. Also unable to sync the lens aperture with the aperture display in control panel."

Is this a legitimate issue to warrant a return or is he just trying to rent my camera for 30 days?

Thanks for your help
"...aperture display in the control panel." WTH does THAT mean??

I'm thinking he doesn't know how to operate a DSLR any better than I know how to operate the space shuttle.

Pretzel

Thanks for your help

I'd ask for proof showing that Nikon 1) acknowledged a problem, and 2) tried to fix it. Sounds like a rental to me. Either that, or he was trying to use it with a non-compatible lens.

RocketCowboy

Particularly since he mentioned Nikon attempting to fix it, I would ask for documentation. Sounds fishy, and he's hoping he doesn't get pressed for details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BackdoorArts

I'm guessing he's using old, incompatible Nikkor glass. First thing to ask him is precisely what lens he's using, but I'd be willing to put good money on the fact that whatever type it is (non-AI, probably) it won't communicate with the camera, which is why it can't meter.

Doesn't sound like Nikon tried to fix it as much as he may have called Nikon to try and figure it out and they couldn't help him.