Prints from Walmart

tea2085

I have been sending my photos to Wally after my post processing which includes cropping and other adjustments. Very happy with the quality of the prints but some are just not framed or bordered like the photos I sent. I'm guessing that I need to resize the phots for ,say, a 5x7. Not the pixels but the actual dimensions. Is that correct? Next, I have LR and PS- which would make this task easiest? Iwill appreciate any help with this as I'm fairly new to photography but must say my pictures are getting better with the help of this forum! Paul

10 Gauge

You need to recrop them in the proper aspect ratio, not resize them, if you want everything within your crop to get printed. Resizing the image if the aspect ratio is incorrect will still lead to it not looking cropped correctly in the print.

Either application can handle this easily.

WayneF

I have been sending my photos to Wally after my post processing which includes cropping and other adjustments. Very happy with the quality of the prints but some are just not framed or bordered like the photos I sent. I'm guessing that I need to resize the phots for ,say, a 5x7. Not the pixels but the actual dimensions. Is that correct? Next, I have LR and PS- which would make this task easiest? Iwill appreciate any help with this as I'm fairly new to photography but must say my pictures are getting better with the help of this forum! Paul

Your LR or PS both have tools to crop to a specific aspect ratio, and resize in pixels for printing a specific size.
Image Resize - Cropping, Resampling, Scaling is about this subject.