First impressions

Blacktop

Feels kind of light, but comfortable to hold. I like the more recessed hand grip.
The top LCD screen is much smaller than on my D7100. Why Nikon? Of course there is no hot shoe cover, which I knew about already. Otherwise it's awesome.

The menu layout and the button layout is pretty much the same. If it wasn't for the deeper hand grip I wouldn't know that I wasn't holding the D7100/ However as soon as I shot something at 12,800 ISO than it became obvious that this thing is not fooling around.

mikew_RIP

Feels kind of light, but comfortable to hold. I like the more recessed hand grip.
The top LCD screen is much smaller than on my D7100. Why Nikon? Of course there is no hot shoe cover, which I knew about already. Otherwise it's awesome.

The menu layout and the button layout is pretty much the same. If it wasn't for the deeper hand grip I wouldn't know that I wasn't holding the D7100/ However as soon as I shot something at 12,800 ISO than it became obvious that this thing is not fooling around.

Very pleased for you,ime so close myself:confused:

kevy73

So to summarise your opening statement, Dolly Parton feels good in the hands and works well in the dark.... ;)

Last edited:

Blacktop

Low noise at high ISO just blows me away. At 4000 ISO with a 50mm 1.8D lens is crazy good. Even at a 100% crop you cant see much noise. Even the noise that is there at higher ISO's is much more pleasing. It is almost like film grain which is kind of nice.

Here is a shot at 4000 ISO no NR . The only sharpening is what LR applies at 25. Sorry for the boring subject matter, but I'm almost ready for bed and it's really dark outside.

Dayton,TN-0042.jpg

100% crop

Dayton,TN-0042-2.jpg

BrawlerO

I'm also a new member to the D750 club and all I can say is WOW! The autofocus and low light performance is great. After using a good DX body in the D7100 I was worried I might not see much of a difference but as far as first time FF experience goes I love it. So easy to use under testing conditions. Can't wait to use it some more.