Nikon Body Purchase

Nikon Body Purchaase

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

06Honda

Finally have it narrowed down to 2 cameras only, took me long enough :D. Buying it tomorrow before my trip the Newfoundland, subjects to be photgraphed are whales; puffins; gannets; storm-petrels; kittiwakes; murres; razorbills; lighthouses; icebergs, and landscapes. Basically just about everything using the Nikkor 80-400 AF VR ED 1:4.5-5.6D. See poll for choices, and thanks again for your patience with this and any info. Excuse my spelling :)

Paul

Last edited:

Blade Canyon

D7100 for EXSPEED 3 processor, more MP for cropping, and it will get shots in half the light. Reasonable ceiling of the D300s is 3200 ISO, whereas the D7100 can go 6400.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned! Bring us back some great pics, whichever body you choose. You will need a wide angle lens to capture some great landscapes while you are there. Used Nikon manual focus lenses can be found pretty cheap, even though they were kings in their day. For wide angle landscapes, you don't really need Auto-Focus.

Bill16

I loved my D300 but in your situation and for the prices, the D7100 seems to me to be the best choice of the two Nikon's! For several of the reasons mentioned, and for the purpose you mentioned, the D7100 should be a help in getting the shots in poor lighting! :D

mikew_RIP

If you where buying a fun second body i would say the D300,after using both for wildlife even taking into account the small buffer its got to be the D7100,whichever you choose have a great time.