Wedding Photos HELP!!!!

montignac

I did my first official wedding shoot along with my associate at thw w/end. What we disagree about is
A) How many photos to give. In our advertising we say we cover the whole day from preparation till the last dance and for that they get all the photos ( excluding the no good ) and they can choose 80 that we will enhance. My associate is now saying we should limit the total number to 150 to 250. A fellow photographer gives up to 1000 and does the same re enhancing. Any ideas please.
B) My associate also wants to sign the photos and I really cannot agree to that. I would not want my wedding photo with a damned signature on it. Again thoughts please.

I say that the couple have paid good money for us to be there to cover the whole day and that the photos we have taken are their property to do with as they please. Am I right.

Ruidoso Bill

First question is what does your contract say?

The number of images provided, are you giving them the images or prints?

Last edited:

Pretzel

In our advertising we say we cover the whole day from preparation till the last dance and for that they get all the photos ( excluding the no good ) and they can choose 80 that we will enhance.

You answered your own question. You didn't advertise the best 150, you advertised "all photos" minus the downright horrid.

montignac

My thoughts exactly Pretzel. I have made my associate now realize that that is what the advertising says, so we must do.
We are giving images on a disc including the 80 to 100 enhanced + an album of prints in answer to your question Bill.
This is her first outing into semi pro work and I think she is concerned that too many will make our customer think we are amateurs as opposed to the fact that we have composed photos and have caught specific moments as we are there to do just that.

Scott Murray

I give all photos that turn out, all are edited and enhanced. I will not give any un edited as that is a part of my own style. I average around 500 - 1000 images all edited and sent to the couples.

But you have a contract and need to abide by it, but I would send only edited photos as unedited makes you look like amateurs.

LittleTim

Beyond the contract which you should honor. At my wedding, the photographer did a good job and the pictures were well done.
I also had a friend that did some candid pictures. I treasured those pictures also despite the imperfections. Those pictures didn't have the poses feel to them, they had the "capture the moments". So, I wished I had more of the pictures regardless of the post processing.
The prints I do have are watermarked. I can not get reprint due to the watermarks. The original photographer is out of business . Knowing this now, I would have gone with a different company.

kevy73

I supply all presentable images. All edited. For a 10 hr wedding, the couple can expect up to around 1000 images, 8 hrs up to around 800 etc.

They have paid you to take the images and have a reasonable expectation of rights to those images - unless your contract states differently - I would not water mark them.

Blacktop

I give all photos that turn out, all are edited and enhanced. I will not give any un edited as that is a part of my own style. I average around 500 - 1000 images all edited and sent to the couples.

But you have a contract and need to abide by it, but I would send only edited photos as unedited makes you look like amateurs.
Exactly. I'm no wedding photog, but I would be down right embarrassed to hand out un edited shots. Hell, I don't even post anything here un -edited unless it's for learning purposes.