Hello from Teesside

Schnick

Afternoon All,

Just signed up after spending ages trying to find some information on lens', filters and other gear for my camera, and figured the best place to get the info I need would be the ask other people with experience.

Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my friend base who has been bitten by the Photography bug (even my wife gets annoyed with me talking about it!). So I'm hoping to garnish my basic knowledge of photography with tips and advice from other members on here.

As a bit of background, I have a foundation diploma in Photography, started taking proper photos with a bridge camera a few years back (Nikon Coolpix L810), and have recently took the dive into the world of D-SLR and it's many advantages (and great costs!), with a Nikon D5300 with the 18-55mm Kit Lens.

I'm a subscriber to Digital Camera World magazine (tempted by the free Manfrotto sling bag offer they had), and recently purchased a 55-300mm Nikkor lens and some cheap ND Filters from Amazon to do some trial and error work. If I take this from Hobby to semi-pro, I'll upgrade everything, but these are giving me some good results at the moment.

Aaand I think I've waffled on a bit much there. So, pleasure to meet you all, and hopefully see you around the forms...though I'll likely be spending most of my time in the D5300 section. Thanks

Schnick