Lightroom Export Different from Preview???

10 Gauge

Ok so I am noticing something odd and I can't figure out what's the matter. When I export from LR to JPG, the image dynamics change from what Lightroom's preview shows. All shots taken in RAW (sRGB) and exported to JPG (sRGB). Why would my exported photo look different from what Lightroom is showing me?

Lightroom Preview:
LR Preview.jpg

Exported:
Windows Preview.jpg

(Note: These are just screenshots so that's why cropping/size may be slightly different between the two images)

Notice how after they are exported they are much more punchy and contrasty (which is what I want, but I am baffled by why my export looks different from Lightroom).

J-see

There can be a difference depending which color space you use when exporting. As far as I know besides that, only extra sharpening can/will be applied when exporting.

To add; the second is cropped smaller which will automatically make it look slightly darker/punchier.

Last edited:

Bourbon Neat

What do you have configured on your "output sharpening" section of the export options window? Choices there will have an impact on the exported product.

10 Gauge

I think I figured it out. I was playing with a DNG file imported from DxO and I think that's where the problem was. My NEF files don't have this issue when I export to JPG.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk