D750 service advisory: possible image shading from shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-see

I'll have to check my serial since I got an early version. I never noticed anything in my shots.

Ad B

Hi,

I didn't notice any problems.
Just checked my serial number, luckily not affected.

Ad B

Horoscope Fish

I'm just going to ride this out.

I haven't had a single issue with my D750 since I got it, I'm sitting on almost 7K actuations and I'm not particularly motivated to remove the battery grip to check the serial.

Ad B

Hi,
I'm just going to ride this out.

I haven't had a single issue with my D750 since I got it, I'm sitting on almost 7K actuations and I'm not particularly motivated to remove the battery grip to check the serial.
You can see your serial number also on your box or at your personal Nikon page (where you've registered your cam...)

Ad B

Woodyg3

Contributor
Well, it used to be that people just lived with the shortcomings or "quirks" of a particular model. We live in a very reactionary world these days. It's mostly good for the consumer, but things are often taken overboard, as well. Like hot McDonalds coffee. :)

TieuNgao

The first recall was about the shading and it's already fixed. I think this recall is about the shutter.

Blacktop

This is putting me off. I' was going to order my D750 this week, but now I'm really re-thinking things. I'm not going to order one, then wait for it to arrive, then maybe have to send it to Nikon right of way for a few weeks.. 2 grand maybe chicken feet to some, but I work my ass off for a living and the few luxuries that I can afford. I may be re thinking this whole Nikon thing as well. I'm not much invested in it yet. Maybe time to look elsewhere.

TieuNgao

If what Nikon said was true, only the cameras manufactured in Oct. and Nov. 2014 were affected. Any camera bought in the last couple of months should be OK. Anyone can confirm this?

mikew_RIP

This is putting me off. I' was going to order my D750 this week, but now I'm really re-thinking things. I'm not going to order one, then wait for it to arrive, then maybe have to send it to Nikon right of way for a few weeks.. 2 grand maybe chicken feet to some, but I work my ass off for a living and the few luxuries that I can afford. I may be re thinking this whole Nikon thing as well. I'm not much invested in it yet. Maybe time to look elsewhere.

Never thought i see the day when i would agree with a post like this,Nikon have taken there eye of the ball,we are having too many recalls,i dont know what other system you could choose if you wanted to stay DSLR as opposed to mirrorless as a lot of Canon users say they wish there cameras had Nikon sensors in them.
I am having reservations about my new lens purely as a can Nikon be trusted to fully test the implications with new technology,if you are buying official Nikon could you tell them to check the serial number as you dont think they should supply a camera with a known fault when its possible to check just by looking at the box..

Blacktop

Never thought i see the day when i would agree with a post like this,Nikon have taken there eye of the ball,we are having too many recalls,i dont know what other system you could choose if you wanted to stay DSLR as opposed to mirrorless as a lot of Canon users say they wish there cameras had Nikon sensors in them.
I am having reservations about my new lens purely as a can Nikon be trusted to fully test the implications with new technology,if you are buying official Nikon could you tell them to check the serial number as you dont think they should supply a camera with a known fault when its possible to check just by looking at the box..
Unfortunately if I want low noise high ISO FF goodness, there is not much of a choice out there.
Been thinking this over, and for the money that I have allocated to spend there is not much out there that will give me the value of a D750.
I looked at the Sony FF mirrorless, and the only other ones out there are Canon. Not too crazy about the small size of the mirrorless, and quite frankly I haven't dug into looking at the Canon FF bodies that closely.
I did some quick comparison with similar price range Canon FF bodies and none can match the low noise high ISO capabilities of the D750. Most likely I will end up with a D750 by the end of this week or next.

10 Gauge

Don't fret @Blacktop you should get a newer mfg date than the affected bodies. Mine is a few months old now and is still newer than the affected date range.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

J-see

Normally what you buy now is "fixed" unless the store had it in stock for ages and didn't bother sending it in. I've taken 30k shots with mine and even when haven't checked yet, am sure mine is affected. But it was affected by the "light leak" too and I didn't bother about that either. Btw, it only applies to the batch of the 10 and 11th month of 2014.

Regardless these "issues", it's a phenomenal cam.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

I remember reading you ordered a D750 from Adorama (through Amazon). I ordered mine from B&H in May but it isn't one of the affected bodies. Adorama sells a lot of gear so I'd expect yours won't be affected either.

Blacktop

I remember reading you ordered a D750 from Adorama (through Amazon). I ordered mine from B&H in May but it isn't one of the affected bodies. Adorama sells a lot of gear so I'd expect yours won't be affected either.

That is one of the main reason I went with Adorama.

BackdoorArts

Just curious, but has anyone seen an image of what this problem actually looks like? Mine isn't affected, but it does supposedly require the fix for the flare thing (which I've never been able to reproduce). Was planning on waiting until I hit close to 10K clicks and then send it in for a nice, free once over.

Status
Not open for further replies.