iPhone 4 attachment

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
the iphone has a pretty good camera anyway. I honestly don't think an adapter is worth $250. For that price I'd expect something to at least get auto-focus or aperture working on the lens.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I Would think the user would already have a real camera if they have a dslr lens. I can't see any real use for this besides novelty.

Obir

the iphone has a pretty good camera anyway. I honestly don't think an adapter is worth $250. For that price I'd expect something to at least get auto-focus or aperture working on the lens.

I was wondering the same thing. How do you control aperture, speed, iso, etc.
They must also have an "app" for that:D

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
yeah it looks like all this does is 'attach' the lens to the phone - nothing more.

If you want to control aperture you have to have an aperture ring (not common on newer lenses) on the lens. So this means for most lenses you have to shoot at the max aperture all the time. Shutter and iso are within the camera app on the iphone. Focus would be on the lens.

jengajoh

I love my iphone :p I would NEVER get a droid ;)

Anyway, I saw this on photojojo, too. If I'm going to carry a lens with me to attach to my phone, Im going to carry my DSLR body too... I don't see much point to this except to quickly upload photos to the web.

Sambr

I love my iphone :p I would NEVER get a droid ;)

Anyway, I saw this on photojojo, too. If I'm going to carry a lens with me to attach to my phone, Im going to carry my DSLR body too... I don't see much point to this except to quickly upload photos to the web.

I am with you, I love my Iphone :) I agree if I am packing my glass my D700/300 will be with me as well.