Nikon 1 AW2

onyxweb

Hi anybody know if there is a successor to the Nikon 1 AW1 due any time soon?

Almost bought the AW1, but JUST not quite!

Want the AW2 - hope its soon.

Thanks,

OW

onyxweb

Hi,
I have a D60, also with weatherproof sealing - I need to put the camera underwater and really don't want the hassle of a housing.

The Nikon 1 AW2 should do it :)

Thanks,
OW

onyxweb

Hi,
My main camera. I currently have a D60 plus 18-55 and 70-300.
Lots of travel and hiking...and fly fishing.
Wanting all weather capability, as well as submerged 'release shots' of fish being returned. I'll also do family stuff, outdoor stuff and some product photography: semi closeup...
- point and shoot (with options)
- interchangeable lenses
- waterproof

Don't want much, do I :)

The AW1 came SO close, but I just felt like the menu system and basic options were a little lacking in comparison, although it does tick ALL the other boxes.

This is why I'm hoping an AW2 would fill in the gaps.

Thanks,

OW

Mike150

Hi,
I have a D60, also with weatherproof sealing - I need to put the camera underwater and really don't want the hassle of a housing.

The Nikon 1 AW2 should do it :)

Thanks,
OW

As mikew said above Weatherproofing is not Waterproofing. The D60 (I have one), if submerged, will fill with water very quickly.

Glad I saw this thread. I've been looking for a reason to get a new camera. Now to go find a lake.

onyxweb

Anyway - distratctions aside, does anyone know if there are any plans for a successor to the waterprook Nikon 1 AW1? Perhape the AW2?

Thanks,

OW

gnar

I almost bought it too. But its so old, it could do more with a modern sensor. Also only 2 lenses suck. The 11mm 2.8 is fine but the zoom is just to dark, I lose the advantages of the big sensor if I have to use higher ISOs to compensate for that aperture values of this lens.

Whiskeyman

If you want the Nikon 1 AW2 to come out next week, and me the money to purchase the AW1 now. That would nearly guarantee a new and improved version's arrival!!:)

WM

SkvLTD

I almost bought it too. But its so old, it could do more with a modern sensor. Also only 2 lenses suck. The 11mm 2.8 is fine but the zoom is just to dark, I lose the advantages of the big sensor if I have to use higher ISOs to compensate for that aperture values of this lens.

Ummmmmmm, it's smaller than micro 4/3 and that one is already small. I do agree than its well overdue for an update, or heck, something with at least DX sensor would be more than welcome!

gnar

AW2 would be great, would also love a watertight 70-200 f4 and of course a bigger sensor. To bad its more of a niche product.

Maybe I should get a Sony 6000 and a hard underwater case, but that still wouldn't fit with a larger tele lens.

Last edited: