settings such as shutter speed at the bottom of the view finder not clear

scarrabri

Hi is it possible to make the displays key settings such as shutter speed at the bottom of the view finder on my Nikon D70 any clearer as it is difficult to see especially the one that shows the light meter and has the plus sign in the middle, Brian.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe you need to adjust the diopter to the viewfinder. Is the image clear in the viewfinder or is it just the luminosity you are not satisfied with?

scarrabri

Maybe you need to adjust the diopter to the viewfinder. Is the image clear in the viewfinder or is it just the luminosity you are not satisfied with?

Hi thanks for the reply, the image is ok and nice and clear but the luminosity leaves a little to be desired but after saying that its ok in side my apartment and I can see it ok its only difficult when its bright out side so maybe its some thing I have to get used too, thanks again Brian.

scarrabri

Hi, many thanks to all who posted and finally I came across a little slice of information that could answer why I thought the writing in the view finder on the D70 was not so clear, and i came to that conclusion by comparing it to my D40X, and here's what I came across written by a member of another forum who had wrote an in-depth review of the difference between the D70 and the D40X and here's what he wrote { The view finder on the D40x is a little brighter than the D70 and has a little more magnification. The view finder on the D80 is a little brighter than the D40x and has a little more magnification.} and that's a pity really because I only bought the D70 because it had two control wheels against the D40X one, I can of course return the D70 as that option is open to me but I do like the D70 so maybe better to persevere, thanks again Brian.
ps just sent off for this https://youtu.be/5u2MgdXeIpg

Last edited:

scarrabri

Sorted, the
Eye piece magnifier arrived today and it took seconds to fit and I have to say its excellent ,maybe a little expensive at £15 but worth every penny, Brian

Last edited: