Noise when turning camera on/off?

senna41

Hey all!

I tried searching the forum and the manual for this, but I didn't have any luck. Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Does anyone else's D750 make a very quiet "chime" when the camera is turned on or off? I suppose you could also say it sounds like a faint, high-pitched beep. I made a sound recording of it. You'll more than likely need to turn your speakers up

It's not replicable 100% of the time.

Does anyone else's do this?

Last edited:

Carl7100

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my D7100 making a high-pitched sound when the camera was turned on and off. It turned out it was the automatic sensor cleaning that was set to run at power on and off. I just changed the setting in the menu so it was only done manually and the noise disappeared.

On a D7100 the command is located here:
Menu -> Setup Menu -> Clean image sensor -> Clean at statup/shutdown and set it to <Cleaningoff>

Hope this helps

Carl

Last edited:

Mahater

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my D7100 making a high-pitched sound when the camera was turned on and off. It turned out it was the automatic sensor cleaning that was set to run at power on and off. I just changed the setting in the menu so it was only done manually and the noise disappeared.

On a D7100 the command is located here:
Menu -> Setup Menu -> Clean image sensor -> Clean at statup/shutdown and set it to <Cleaningoff>

Hope this helps

Carl
Thanks I also had this problem...and it was very annoying...it helped... appreciate it🥺😎

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard, Mahater enjoy the ride. We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

You might also want to consider introducing yourself on New Member Introductions.

Someone will be along shortly to help you out.