Trying out LR3 from Aperture 3

Malsam

For the PP experts down there, I was contemplating on LR3 after using Aperture for as long as I remember.

For those LR3 users, or those who used both, I'm currently using very minimal PP on aperture for my photos. In fact I'm a PP idiot! I came from film background and I don't usually do any PP on my digitals unless its the very obvious kind. I dun wanna get PS and was thinking will LR3 be better for PP.

To be frank I haven't really used much of aperture PP features just plain organizing but since my buddy got me a LR3, I was thinking it could be nice to try out.

I also heard LR3 update their support for newer camera better and Nikon raw seems to take up a lot of processing on aperture.

Again those are hear say, let me know what you pals think.

Thks!

Joseph Bautsch

You are not going to do any better with LR3. It's not as intuitive and on a Apple machine it will be slower. From what you describe it's not the program that's the problem it's more a lack of understanding how it works. I also suspect you will have the same problems with LR3 if you don't put in enough effort to learn how it works.