Prolost Dehaze for Lightroom 6.1

10 Gauge

For those of us who don't subscribe to the Adobe CC service and use the standalone products, we didn't receive the new Dehaze tool in the Lightroom 6.1 update.

Prolost has come along and developed a nice set of presets and offered them for free that will do the same thing. A nice little work around, here's a link for anyone that wants to check it out: Prolost Dehaze for Lightroom 6.1 — Prolost

I had one photo in particular that I wanted to try it on, as the morning I took the picture was really hazy. Worked pretty well and I do believe I like the newly processed shot better than the previously edited shot. It's obvious that the contrast has been cranked way up to mask the haze, but even with it much more contrasty, I still think I like it better. I didn't take any further steps in refining my "after" shot, just applied the preset and uploaded it, so there's definitely more tweaking that could be done.

Before:
Old Barn by Matthew Krei, on Flickr

After:
Ruther Glen, VA - Dehazed by Matthew Krei, on Flickr

It might be interesting to see that same shot processed the same way but using the dehaze tool in Lightroom CC.

For those of us who don't subscribe to the Adobe CC service and use the standalone products, we didn't receive the new Dehaze tool in the Lightroom 6.1 update.

Prolost has come along and developed a nice set of presets and offered them for free that will do the same thing. A nice little work around, here's a link for anyone that wants to check it out: Prolost Dehaze for Lightroom 6.1 — Prolost

I had one photo in particular that I wanted to try it on, as the morning I took the picture was really hazy. Worked pretty well and I do believe I like the newly processed shot better than the previously edited shot. It's obvious that the contrast has been cranked way up to mask the haze, but even with it much more contrasty, I still think I like it better. I didn't take any further steps in refining my "after" shot, just applied the preset and uploaded it, so there's definitely more tweaking that could be done.

Before:
Old Barn by Matthew Krei, on Flickr

After:
Ruther Glen, VA - Dehazed by Matthew Krei, on Flickr

Bourbon Neat

I am supposing it will look very similar depending on the percentage of slider used. The dehaze function is in the LR6 standalone updates 6.1 and 6.1.1. Adobe chose to hide the slider from standalone users is all. I believe that Provost is accessing the existing function but offering the users presets of varying percentages to choose from.