Nikon D5 to have 4k and native 102400 ISO?

Woodyg3

Contributor
And 173 focus points and 15 fps! Still just 20 mega-pixels, though. I wonder what the price will be? Probably about the same as a down payment on a new house. :)

Nero

Probably but if it's a decent upgrade from the D4S it'll be a beast.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Not for me.
I have found my final camera :)
Very good answer Lawrence. If you start chasing the best, you eventually will loose since it's almost impossible, for someone with normal income, to keep up with the corporation that rely on new products to make sales.
If you like the camera you have and are satisfied with the IQ, there is NO point in upgrading.

Investing in traveling or photography classes (online or in colleges) will bring you much more IQ improvement.

hrstrat57

D3s and D400 and I'll be done. Probably buy 2 of each for what this monster will cost. It will be interesting to see production/sales numbers for this....kinda looks like a Shelby Super Snake of cameras to me.

Pretzel

Would I like one? Sure, as a gift... If anyone is so inclined, PM me for a shipping address. :)

Until then, as Lawrence and Marcel have already mentioned, I've got a lot more to wring out of my current beast, and a lot of control-nut skills (read: nut in control) to develop before I'd consider dropping that much cash on a camera. I'd like to think that there will be a full frame in the future for me, similar to the D750, but if I never own another camera other than my current set-up, I think I can say I'll be satisfied and continue to shoot and improve anyway.

Now, if I were a professional that would need such a thing for my work, and the income both supported and relied on the best of the best being in my hands... SURE!

It sure does give me something to drool over though, just like the Aston Martin that I'll never buy. Man, is that thing shiny or WHAT!?

Lawrence

Would I like one? Sure, as a gift... If anyone is so inclined, PM me for a shipping address. :)

Until then, as Lawrence and Marcel have already mentioned, I've got a lot more to wring out of my current beast, and a lot of control-nut skills (read: nut in control) to develop before I'd consider dropping that much cash on a camera. I'd like to think that there will be a full frame in the future for me, similar to the D750, but if I never own another camera other than my current set-up, I think I can say I'll be satisfied and continue to shoot and improve anyway.

Now, if I were a professional that would need such a thing for my work, and the income both supported and relied on the best of the best being in my hands... SURE!

It sure does give me something to drool over though, just like the Aston Martin that I'll never buy. Man, is that thing shiny or WHAT!?

I've often wondered about shiny cars and have had to confess that I am not one of those who loves spending time cleaning them. And as shiny cars need to be kept sparkling I have never committed to one.

But keeping my camera clean I find therapeutic. And what's more I intend taking mine for a walk this fine day in new Zealand.

Fred Kingston

I have a question... and maybe the folks that read this won't have an opinion, but might know someone that does... Do serious videographers seek out $6500 STILL DSLRs for serious videography????? And if not, why is Nikon wasting resources in that direction on their high end cameras? How big is the video market in this market area? Feedback I've received from professionals is, this glazed look when you say DSLR to these folks... and THAT look... "Are you nuts?"

Nero

I have a question... and maybe the folks that read this won't have an opinion, but might know someone that does... Do serious videographers seek out $6500 STILL DSLRs for serious videography????? And if not, why is Nikon wasting resources in that direction on their high end cameras? How big is the video market in this market area? Feedback I've received from professionals is, this glazed look when you say DSLR to these folks... and THAT look... "Are you nuts?"

I was just at a wedding this weekend and the videographer and his assistant were both using DSLRs to video the ceremony and the reception. I can't say how many serious videographers use DSLR's but there are definitely some out there. Personally I rarely use it but I do like the fact that it is there.

Also i highly doubt Nikon is using much in terms of resources when it comes to video seeing how little effort they seem to be putting into it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4