RawTherapee with D750 NEF

brims

I've been trying to get RawTherapee to work for my raw files off my D750. Based on J-See's information from my intro thread, I installed Adobe DNG Converter and pulled the .dcp files for the D750. I attempted to load these into RawTherapee under Color Management Input Profile. The configuration files did alter how the image looks slightly, but the clouds are dark green and most of the image is basically black as you can see from the attached image. The attached image is the result of opening the file in RawTherapee, setting the Color Management, opening it in GIMP, and exporting the image. I'm quite sure the problem is the how I have, or haven't, configured RawTherapee. I searched through the RawPedia wiki, I must be missing some key piece of information.
DSC_0316-RT.png

J-see

Ok, second try at this reply; the forum is messing up.

I'm not sure what your problem is but here's what I do.

On this comp I'm using the 4.2.208 version (windows).

I load my NEF and then in color management - manual- I load my D750 Camera Flat.dcp and check the "use DCP's tone curve" and it displays the shot as I've shot it. I use "flat" when shooting my cams since it is handiest to process.

That's basically all there is to it. My working profile is Prophoto and I export as RT_sRGB, WB: as shot.

If you can't get it going, upload a NEF somewhere and I'll import it and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Here's two screenshots. The first is how the shot looks like in my windows folder which is based upon the JPEG included in the RAW (NEF codec), the second how it looks in RT after using my D750 flat.dcp.

first.jpg RT.jpg

Last edited:

brims

After doing exactly as you said, I tried again, then I downloaded the latest version for Windows and my raw file looks fine there without even loading the dcp file. RawTherapee on XUbuntu is an older version, I think it's version 4.2.0, that's probably the issue. I'm going to get that taken care of and I'd guess that'll be the solution. Thank you for your help, at least I'm on the right path now.

Last edited:

brims

For anyone running a stable version of a flavor of Ubuntu, it looks like there's an unstable version of RawTherapee in Synaptic that is the latest version, and it works well for the D750.

Now to start editing my files.