3 images merged in photomatix at -1 0 +1 exposures
Images were taken hand held

D810 with tamron 24-70
30mm ISO 64 f4

for critique.jpg

mikew_RIP

Is this what you wanted

for critique.jpg

If so after uploading double click the thumbnail select the size you want in the pop up box and click ok.

ditonics

That's better thanks.
Still not a touch on the original, all the details are lost.
I'm guessing I should resize then sharpen.
Is there a guide anywhere on getting optimal image quality after resizing for the forum?

wornish

The potential is there for a great shot, but, as you say it needs more sharpening. There is no one setting that fixes this.

The site reduces all images down to 1000px on the long edge.
So when posting double click the image when uploaded and select large checkbox from the options to get the biggest display.

10 Gauge

The potential is there for a great shot, but, as you say it needs more sharpening. There is no one setting that fixes this.

The site reduces all images down to 1000px on the long edge.
So when posting double click the image when uploaded and select large checkbox from the options to get the biggest display.
Is it 1000px or 1024? I've been sizing all of my shots for Nikonites @ 1024. I'll change it to 1000 if that's the case.

kevy73

Good effort Ditonics, I would try bringing the exposure down just a tad. It all seems a bit too bright here. Might just be this monitor.

Pic has great lines, good composition. Good effort.

RON_RIP

Good photo of a lovely old structure. I should have liked it a little better if the shot had been pulled back a little bit showing some background on either side of the piers for a little bit more scale. And welcome to the forum. Hope you have more unique structures in your neighborhood that you can post for us to enjoy.

wornish

Is it 1000px or 1024? I've been sizing all of my shots for Nikonites @ 1024. I'll change it to 1000 if that's the case.

You are right its 1024px on longest edge. Also max image size is 2MB so be warned or lose detail. Sorry for creating any confusion.

ditonics

Good photo of a lovely old structure. I should have liked it a little better if the shot had been pulled back a little bit showing some background on either side of the piers for a little bit more scale. And welcome to the forum. Hope you have more unique structures in your neighborhood that you can post for us to enjoy.

The original showed the sides a little more and unfortunately they were ugly at the time. The right is just a wall and on the left its a pub garden that was full of people. I want to go back to it at a quieter time of day, probably sunrise so I can get a slightly wider crop and will use a tripod and ND filters to get a misty looking water.

Thanks for the feedback