Show Transform Controls--Need Help Please

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm working on a collage poster for my local high school's drama department and followed instructions in the video at the end of my post. Everything went fine until I got to the 3:00 mark where it says to click on the Move tool to access the Show Transform Controls option which I should see near the tool bar. I can't seem to find how to enable it anywhere. Here is a screen shot of what I see:

Poster.jpg

I'm using PCC 2014 and have searched online for info on where or how to access it but came up empty. Any suggestions? I can access some transform options under Edit but what I need isn't there as you can see below:

Poster 1.jpg

And here is the video I am using:

Thanks for any information! :)

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

You have to choose a type of Transform before you get the tools, and once you choose that mode (he chose Warp in the video), you'll get the options for that particular transform across the top of the window. Transform and Free Transform work similarly and once you've chosen a type of transform you can right-click on the image and go to a different type. Warp is the only choice with a different set of options and some predefined presets.

Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 8.33.29 AM.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
You have to choose a type of Transform before you get the tools, and once you choose that mode (he chose Warp in the video), you'll get the options for that particular transform across the top of the window. Transform and Free Transform work similarly and once you've chosen a type of transform you can right-click on the image and go to a different type. Warp is the only choice with a different set of options and some predefined presets.

Jake, previously I used the Warp tool to create the 'S' shape. I tried again, and while I can get it to work, first I must choose the Warp tool yet again then cancel the action. Once I do that, I have the option to select Free Transform which allows me to do this:

Warp Free Transform.jpg

This definitely helps! Thanks. :)

Is there any way to get the option to appear in the tool bar area like the guy uses in the video? I can't find out how to enable it. It might allow me to bypass choosing the Warp tool a second time then cancelling the action. If not, at least I can now move forward with the poster. I was at a stopping point! ;) Thanks again, Jake! :cool:

Show Transform.jpg

BackdoorArts

Is there any way to get the option to appear in the tool bar area like the guy uses in the video? I can't find out how to enable it. It might allow me to bypass choosing the Warp tool a second time then cancelling the action. If not, at least I can now move forward with the poster. I was at a stopping point! ;) Thanks again, Jake! :cool:

View attachment 165066

It's showing on mine.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It's showing on mine.

:p

;)

I don't have a background since I started with a transparent background, but even when I open a different photo with a background and add a layer, I still can't seem to have the Show Transform Controls option displayed. Plus all the items on the Move tool bar are greyed out. Will try this again from the beginning and will add a colored background. Even my PCC 2014 book by Martin Evening just mentions to click the option...I just can't seem to find out how to enable it. Gonna play around some more! Thanks for your time, Jake! Your help has been appreciated. :cool:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This is going from bad to worse very quickly. :sorrow: And I haven't changed any settings either. When I copy an image and add it as a layer to a different background, it used to show the bounding box around the image. Now the bounding box missing, too. :grief:

EDIT: Perhaps it isn't called a bounding box, but it is the outline of a layer with the handles you can grab for resizing. That's what is now missing since I was playing around with the Transform features.

Last edited: