Any real estate photographers here?

dickelfan

Looking for advice.

Would like to get into shooting real estate. Wife has gotten a promotion and we will be moving to a different town with no family around. She will have to travel some, so she is wanting me to do something with photography so that I can be flexible to help with my 2 year old daughter, etc. I don't mind, I'm burned out with Banking and would like to do something different, and fortunately the bump in pay she is getting will allow it.

I've thought about doing real esate photography. I've got a cropped sensor camera and don't know if I'll be going full frame right away. I was debating just going with the Tokina 11-16 (i've used it a few times before) or maybe the sigma 10-20. I've got tripod, external flashes, and Lightroom/Photoshop CC and I'm pretty good with editing.

Any tips you can give someone just starting out with this? I was going to start making up some flyers to start passing out to local realtors (my area has tons of houses for sale). Hopefully will get some experience before moving to the new area (Kansas City) at the beginning of the year.

Thanks for any info