SD cards for 5300

Doxie

Getting ready to purchase the 5300 and I am looking at all the options for SD cards.
What SD cards do you use for your D5300?

Dxer

This answer really spends on the kind of shooting you think you will be doing. If you are going to burst shoot, than get the fastest card available. In this case, at least according to THIS , the Sandisk Extreme Pro would be the fastest. Or you can be cheap like me and get some refurbished Sandisk Ultra Plus 48mb/sec for less than $9 each for 32gb. I got a few of these and have no problems. Ebay link HERE.

Schnick

I was in Tesco the other day and noticed a good 40MB/s 32GB SD Card. I've only ever used a 20MB/s 16GB card, and never really had an issue with this, but as my skill develops, so does my need for better performing kit.

As Dxer says, it all depends on your type of shooting. If you're going to go on Continuous H mode, shooting 5fps, then you'll benefit from the faster cards. Single shots, you won't notice any performance issues with a 40MB/s card.

mikew_RIP

I was in Tesco the other day and noticed a good 40MB/s 32GB SD Card. I've only ever used a 20MB/s 16GB card, and never really had an issue with this, but as my skill develops, so does my need for better performing kit.

As Dxer says, it all depends on your type of shooting. If you're going to go on Continuous H mode, shooting 5fps, then you'll benefit from the faster cards. Single shots, you won't notice any performance issues with a 40MB/s card.

Welcome to the forum