what size

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Raw. It's much easier to bring down resolution afterwards than try to add some.

Rick M

The raw setting will override the size option in the menu. I do use jpeg sometimes when shooting "casual" stuff like family gatherings, especially inlaws, were memory space should not be wasted :)

bluenoser

Banned
do you set your photos to on your camera?

You pay for those megapixels so make sure you use them! :)

I always use RAW but if I when I did shoot some jpeg I choose the largest size. You can always resize later with a number of programs. Having the most megapixels will also help greatly if/when you have to crop - the image won't degrade (pixelize) as quickly.

theregsy

HIghest quality Jpegs for almost everything, mainly festivals where I can generate over 2000 shots a day so editing speed is of the essence. If I need really really top quality for promotion photos, or bands websites then RAW every time. The other reason to shoot Jpeg is they take up much much less space on my CF cards meaning I can take many many more in a day.

Hope it helps

Joseph Bautsch

Never anything but RAW. 500+ shots on a 4gb card. With Aperture 3 if I need any other size or format I highlight the shots hit export, then the size button in what ever format and it's done.

Mike150

I shoot both. Raw + JPEG. My wife demands instant access, and I want the versatility needed if I decide to edit. Since she uses Picasa only, she needs the JPGs. I have lightroom and CS5. Photos go from the camera to my hard drive, then JPGs get moved to my wife's network drive. Backups copies of the NEFs go to my network drive. When my wife has copies (especially of the grandkids), then life is good.