Macro

thequeenscheese

Sometimes when in macro when i press the shutter the camera doesnt take the shot, now id imagine whether the picture will be good or bad because of me the shot should still take?.. or is there something within the auto macro setting that doesn't allow the shot for certain reasons like zoom position light metering to close etc for example?

WayneF

Failure of the camera (in AF mode) to obtain focus is the only thing. There is a green dot at bottom left of the viewfinder that lights when focus is found. The default is that the shutter will not trigger if it is not in focus (normally a good thing). Auto focus normally works for macro, but sometimes manual focus is easier. Macro has such a small depth of field, normally it matters more to us WHERE the focus point is located.

Last edited:

WayneF

If you are using Live View instead of the viewfinder, there is no green dot like in the viewfinder, but instead then the Live View focus point indicator turns from red to green when the camera achieves focus.

thequeenscheese

If you are using Live View instead of the viewfinder, there is no green dot like in the viewfinder, but instead then the Live View focus point indicator turns from red to green when the camera achieves focus.

yeah I sussed that ta, I guess manual is the way and a bit more learning