Unable to view file

Chubby

I took some pictures of my grandson's High School graduation last week and gave the SD card to my daughter so she could download the pictures. When i gave the card to her I could view all the pictures fine, she's given me the card back and there's some pictures that I can't view, any idea what would cause this? I format the the cards after loading them on he computer every time, could the SD card be defective? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

ryan20fun

Are you shooting in RAW?
If so she will need a codec to view them, Better yet is for you to process them or use the nikon softawre to export a jpeg version.

HTH

ryan20fun

That's strange, What OS and viewer is she using?

Any modern (last ~10 years) PC should be able to do that without a problem.

Are any of them set to be hidden for some reason?
Are the files show in explorer(windows)?

HTH

Chubby

I couldn't view them when i put the SD card back in the camera, but they came thru when i downloaded them to my laptop.

I took some pictures of my grandson's High School graduation last week and gave the SD card to my daughter so she could download the pictures. When i gave the card to her I could view all the pictures fine, she's given me the card back and there's some pictures that I can't view, any idea what would cause this? I format the the cards after loading them on he computer every time, could the SD card be defective? Thanks for your help.

I think in some cases the camera can have a problem like this. If you modify any of the pictures using third-party software and re-save them (overlay), or change the numbering scheme, or change they file type to something that the D7100 doesn't recognize (like .tiff); things like that can cause this kind of a problem. Could she have deleted the pictures that you can't now view?

Put the card in a card-reader and get into Microsoft file explorer and see if you can view them there, on your pc. If you can, then they might have been changed somehow and only the camera is not able to show them to you.