Post your favorite Lightroom presets...

RockyNH_RIP

I have a few pre-sets but overall I do not use them... I have a general workflow and will apply to batches of similar shots from a shoot... then each is adjusted individually. Instead of LR pre-sets, I tend to edit in Nik Tools for any final effects...

Pat in GA

BackdoorArts

OK, I thought about this. I have one preset that I always use and it gets applied on import so that I'm starting with an effectively clean slate...

Detail: Sharpening Amount set to 0
Lens Correction: Enable Profile Corrections and Remove Chromatic Aberration are checked.
Camera Calibration: Camera Neutral

I'd do more if LR let me apply a preset on Import based on ISO level.

RockyNH_RIP

OK, I thought about this. I have one preset that I always use and it gets applied on import so that I'm starting with an effectively clean slate...

Detail: Sharpening Amount set to 0
Lens Correction: Enable Profile Corrections and Remove Chromatic Aberration are checked.
Camera Calibration: Camera Neutral

I'd do more if LR let me apply a preset on Import based on ISO level.

Now that would be a feature worth having!! :) I would love to see that Jake.

Pat in GA

BackdoorArts

Now that would be a feature worth having!! :) I would love to see that Jake.

Pat in GA

Right? Or any piece of metadata. Right now the only customizable way to apply on import is based on camera serial number. Even that's great because I can apply my IR profile (instead of Camera Neutral) so I can actually white balance the RAW file.

Looking at the import dialogue I can see why they didn't want to complicate things. But even if they had a box to check Apply Metadata Specific Profile and then had a separate dialogue box with all the presets...

With that said, there's nothing to keep you from using the Metadata filter in the Library module to select images based on Camera & ISO. Then, after selecting all the images (ctrl-A), going to the Quick Develop panel and choosing a custom preset that you created in the develop module...

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 11.31.16 AM.jpg

Now you've got my gears spinning, Pat. LOL

Blacktop

Right? Or any piece of metadata. Right now the only customizable way to apply on import is based on camera serial number. Even that's great because I can apply my IR profile (instead of Camera Neutral) so I can actually white balance the RAW file.

Looking at the import dialogue I can see why they didn't want to complicate things. But even if they had a box to check Apply Metadata Specific Profile and then had a separate dialogue box with all the presets...

With that said, there's nothing to keep you from using the Metadata filter in the Library module to select images based on Camera & ISO. Then, after selecting all the images (ctrl-A), going to the Quick Develop panel and choosing a custom preset that you created in the develop module...

View attachment 162205

Now you've got my gears spinning, Pat. LOL

Where can I see those two ISO 12,800 shots?:tickled_pink:

Blacktop

Getting back on track to presets. The only ones I use is when importing.
Lens correction, remove CA and enable profile.
Camera Calibration=Camera Standard.

Pretzel

My LR presets are...

Auto Lens Profiles
Chromatic Aberration Removal

All the rest is me messing with sliders, although I have some set "starting points" in my head for certain settings, like NR on higher ISO photos. I will often "browse" presets in Perfect Effects, but that's typically just to get ideas. I usually end up grouping together several different individual filters/layers at different opacity, strengths, etc. as each picture is pretty much it's own beast.

That said, there are times where I will "batch process", but that's typically just for white balance for shots all taken same time/location.

Does that help any? :)

10 Gauge

Presets aren't meant to be apply and export. They are always a starting point that need fine tuning.

I find presets get my creative juices flowing and give me a great base to start on my finished product. A lot of the presets delve as deep in to post as you can get adjusting hues and individual color levels, things that I typically wouldn't typically mess with much on my own accord.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

cbay

I'm a newbie to this stuff and have no idea what things look like outside of my little world of un-calibrated screens, but here is my basic import for 7200 birds. It is just a starting point. I exported the whole thing but didn't even know how to share it. Sharpening is around 35 and lum(nr) about the same. Tone curve is the only other thing i do at this time and it changes too much to really share; except to say highlights are generally +10-30, lights 0 to neg.30ish, darks vary quite a bit but are mostly positive, and shadows are mostly negative.
Is this kinda what was asked for? It's kinda my favorite starting point right now. :)
basic preset 7200 birds.JPG

tea2085

Wornish, just looked at your photos- WOW. Flowers are amazing. I have windows and want to put presets into LR, I'm on a trial version. Paul

wornish

Wornish, just looked at your photos- WOW. Flowers are amazing. I have windows and want to put presets into LR, I'm on a trial version. Paul
Thanks for the comment.

I don't know Windows as I use a Mac but if you select preferences it opens up a new window.

There is a Tab called Presets. select this and then click the show presets folder button. That will show all the current presets. That is folder you put any new ones into.

Hope this helps.