Books Books Books!!!

Ta2Dave

I have one of the Nikon D3300 books, Snapshots to Greatshots that I picked up after I got my Nikon, but want something more. I was hoping you guys could recommend some good books to fill my shelves? I have missed quite a bit in the photography world over the last 20 years and would like to get into some good reading material.

Thanks

Needa

Challenge Team
Exposure and Lighting for Digital Photographers Only

Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs

While I don't normally buy book (take out loans) the first one I own the second I seriously considering. The second I saw posted here, can't remember who. Although both could be considered how to they are more. You can always check them out on a book site or take out a loan first to see if either is something you would want to keep.

Horoscope Fish

Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs

While I don't normally buy book (take out loans) the first one I own the second I seriously considering. The second I saw posted here, can't remember who. Although both could be considered how to they are more. You can always check them out on a book site or take out a loan first to see if either is something you would want to keep.
That was probably my post you saw, I reviewed Picture Perfect Practice in this thread. It's an excellent book and I still recommend it highly.

Another pair of titles to add to your list are, The Photographers Eye as well as, The Photographers Mind; both by Michael Freeman.

dennybeall

One resource often overlooked is the local Library. Even in this small Florida county we have 4 libraries and each has 15 to 25 books on photography. Many are old but 80% of the information in them is timeless. There are How-to and also books showing the work of individual photographers. Well worth taking a few minute to check

Ta2Dave

One resource often overlooked is the local Library. Even in this small Florida county we have 4 libraries and each has 15 to 25 books on photography. Many are old but 80% of the information in them is timeless. There are How-to and also books showing the work of individual photographers. Well worth taking a few minute to check

I haven't had time to go to our local one. Hopefully Wednesday I can go.

dennybeall

You may want to see if they have a website? Ours has a website and the entire catalog is on there. We can browse and reserve any book. Also, if the book is at any of the four libraries they will move it to my close one for me to pick up there.
There is also a system where they can search for a book in other Library Systems and borrow it for you to pick up at the local library.
They have Kindle type stuff also........ It ain't your momma's library anymore!!!!!

Ta2Dave

Picked up Photographers Eye just now. Didn't have time to browse it in the store, but I will jump into it when I get home. Still on the lookout for the other ones.